Thursday 4 September 2008

Getting into gear and putting the armour on.

We have been back from holiday for about a week and half now and we have been getting into gear for the Autumn battle offensive to build the kingdom in Pill. We are going to be busy.

The preaching plan is in place, the cell groups are ready for a new season and the youth progamme is kicking off next week with the addition of a new cell group called Quest,which will include music making, mission training as well as interactive Bible study. Toddler group starts again on Monday and relaunches a cradle roll type initiative. The Jam Club team are all keen to get going following the brilliant holiday club in the holidays. And of course in the midst of it all there is Annual Appeal, which the human part of me sees as getting in the way of all that I have mentioned above. However past experience has proved to me that if I see it as part of the mission then it makes all the difference to how we manage the busyness.

I don't know if you agree but I think that the period between September and December is probably the period in the year that has the most opportunity for outreach and is our busiest time of year. So as well as gearing up for it with Corps Council meetings, planning meetings and preparing facilities and programmes we also need to be aware of the need to put on our spiritual armour and keep our eyes fixed on Jesus.

God bless

Carol

1 comment:

Andrew Bale said...

I'm set apart for Jesus,
With him to ever stay,
My spirit he releases,
He drives my foes away.
He gives full strength for trial
And shields when darts are hurled;
With him and self-denial
I overcome the world.

Love and prayers A

PS I haven't forgotten to phone! Just sooooo busy :-)