Thursday 27 November 2008

Woes?

The people who were coming to view the quarters, which is for sale have cancelled.

I have a temperature, my nose would not look out of place on Rudolph, I speak a couple of words and sound like I have been on the Woodbines and I'm running out of clean hankies. I should be at Quest Group (Youth Cell) which I love but Alan says I'm not fit to be seen out.

I've just had a call from Alan to say the central heating is not working at the hall and kids have been playing up outside the hall.

But am I downhearted????? Well I'm not exactly jumping for joy, jumping would make my nose run but if those are all my woes then they are not many are they?
Even when life has been really tough and not just mildly annoying like now I have found that as the saying goes God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

Also it has been a really postive day in other ways. I managed to complete an important report in between sneezing. I have been able to get the ball rolling on my involvement in Peace Patrol, which aims to keep our cities safe through visible Christian presence and prayer.

Alan has had a really good morning in Portishead, where he sells the War Cry each week.
There is a man in the town who Alan often saw out and about and who is a bit of a character. The first prayer Alan prayed was that he would have a chance to talk to the him. He now stops regularly to talk and share his philosophy on life. However last week he just ranted about all the things he was angry about and seemed really disturbed and distant. So we pray harder.

This week he stopped to talk for over 20 minutes, Jesus was brought into the conversation and he accepted an invitation to come to the Carol Service we are holding in the town. Thank you Lord! Also the response to invitations to War Cry customers to that same Carol Service have just been amazing.

Thank you Lord

God bless

Carol

No comments: