Tuesday 6 January 2009

Playing Catch Up

I feel a bit as if I am playing catch up. December was really full on. It was a great time but we ended the year exhausted ready for a good rest, which we got and really enjoyed. But then because we had a rest, there seems to have been so little time to tidy up the old year and prepare for the new season. Hence there has been little time to blog so I'm sorry its late but

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am trusting that this is going to be a great year of reaching out and growing the kingdom. We've had encouraging signs already.

In our cell groups we encourage all members to make a prayer list of people with whom they have regular contact who they are going to pray for to become Christians and actively seek to win for the kingdom. I have been praying for a lady who comes to Toddlers and another lady who comes to our Coffee Morning. They are both unchurched but they both came to our Carol Service!! Wheyhey!!

But what I really love about this is how God works. The lady who comes to the coffee morning used to go to Church but her husband is completely non-religious to the point where he is antagonistic towards any mention of God. Anyway I prayed and my cell group prayed. The week before Christmas she came to me and said that she couldn't really believe it or understand it but her husband had asked her find out when our Carol Service was, because he wanted to come. And come they did. Last Saturday at Coffee Morning she said that it had been the highlight of her Christmas celebrations and was on a real high. I am going to pray some more and see what happens!

God bless

Carol

2 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

:o)

Luanne Gibbons said...

I know that this is going to be a GREAT year for all the people who we pray for and more. God Bless