Tuesday 2 June 2009

New Things

This blog is really an update on the new things that I blogged were about to happen at Pill and which have now begun.

On Friday I went on my first night-time prayer patrol in Bristol. As on the day-time patrol people were only to willing to be prayed for. We had what I can only describe as some interesting "spiritual warfare" encounters. However the team were not phased by this and actually the strange events confirmed the rightness of what we were doing. We also met some really lost souls, with whom it was a privilege to share the love of God. I am praising God because I know there was a time in my life when I would not have dared to go out on the streets in this way. Now it is such a joy.

This morning we held our first session of Alpha. There were 7 of us in the group and I get the feeling that this is going to be a good one. We are from a wide variety of backgrounds and experience but there is a hunger to know more about what being a Christian means.

From this Alan and I went immediately to the Secondary School for our first Open Door session. Given that this must be one of the hottest days of the year so far, we did not really expect that any young person would want to spend their lunch hour indoors but we had 8 kids turn up. Afterwards their teacher said they were some of the most vulnerable kids in the school. Even at the first session they are beginning to open up to us so we are excited about the future of this venture.

I just want to add that the new things do not mean that the day to day things that we always do week in week out are overlooked or are unimportant.

"Whatever you do, whether in word or indeed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to the Father through him." Col 3:17

2 comments:

Luanne Gibbons said...

Its all go. Praise God.

Andrew Bale said...

We're with you in prayer, much love, peace and grace coming your way! A