Wednesday 30 September 2009

Back home, back to normal?

We moved back into our quarters properly on Monday. We are not yet organised and the grass out of the front window, needs major attention but we are back!!!

Back to normal? Well, that's a hard one, in one sense because no one week is the same as another for a Corps officer. However, before we moved I had put in place a framework to my day to day life that I found worked for me. Proximity to the hall and the village, access to the internet and having my house in order also helped to maximize my energies and time. Whilst being out of our quarters and living an hours drive away it has at times felt like I have had my wings clipped.

Although I have maintained my prayer life, the level of study I have been able to do has not been what I have been used to. Also my wider vision has been narrowed whilst out of our appointment. It has been hard enough to keep the local scene going and my involvement in Prayer Patrol, connection to the prayer networks I belong to and writing about the things I am passionate about on this blog have all been curtailed. So forget change being as good as a rest, normal routine sounds just fantastic.

God bless

Carol

2 comments:

petros said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! I 'll bring the strimmer down later!!

Pete

rehoboth said...

Thanks Pete,
It now looks great