Saturday 13 February 2010

Keep on caring and Keep on Praying
Sitting in the dark in the big top watching the powerful images, blown away by the appalling statistics and completely shocked by the fact that this crime against humanity was probably happening in a town or a city that I visited every week, the issue of human trafficking was suddenly in my face, calling for my prayers, my voice in protest and a change in the way I did my shopping. Trips to Ethiopia and Ivory Cross re-inforced my passion to keep on praying and keep on speaking out and not to compromise on ethical shopping.

But I have grown used to the stories, the statistics and the memories of women sleeping on the market stalls in Abijan where they would sell their bodies for sex as night are fading? We have all heard about it now. The TV has covered the issue in it drama's. It's been done, move on, we're bored now. Let's have a new passion, a new campaign. Shock me with something else.

But the victims of modern day slavery do not have the luxury of moving one. They need us to keep on caring and to keep on praying.

God of the poor
Friend of the weak
Give us compassion we pray
Melt our cold hearts
Let tears fall like rain
Come change our love
From a spark to a flame.

Join us tomorrow evening, 6.00pm to pray

God bless

Carol

No comments: