Wednesday 2 July 2008

Refuge

I visit a women's refuge from time to time. Yesterday it was great to meet up with a girl whom had joined in really enthusiastically at the Carol Service we held there. She is expecting a baby in a couple of months and I had been given a cot and other stuff for her. She is a lovely kid, full of fun and grateful for the help. It was great to see her and to be greeted so warmly. I just pray that she gets all the help she needs once she leaves the refuge and has to cope with a baby. She looks far too young and vulnerable.

However the visit was also a sad one as I learned that another lady, an alcoholic who had been off the drink for 6 months had started drinking agains and tragically had committed suicide. If only she had found a refuge in a real faith in Christ. Things could have been so different.

Yesterday was just another confirmation of the need to be more urgent witht he gospel and that I must follow up my decision to reach out to women trapped in addictive lifestyles and the sex trade.

God bless


Carol

No comments: