Tuesday 5 January 2010

Here we go again!

I have had a complete break from blogging for the whole of December. Life was just too busy with all that being a Salvation Army officer at Christmas means. We were able to take a break with family after all the activity which was lovely.

And so it's 2010 and here we go again. Corps life is geared up again, with meetings, hospital visits, toddlers, school ministry, events to organise and a prayer room to prepare for Pray for a Day on Friday.

I also personally feel, it's here we go again with my personal Bible Study, which I have to admit had to go on a back burner whilst I immersed myself in preparation and study for Christmas messages. Now I am back to reading through the Bible chronologlically.

I am always amazed by the fact that after a life-time of reading the word of God I still manage to come across passages that have completely passed me by.

So come on all you Bible scholars! Here is your starter for ten. Who was Hobab?

Well Hobab was the brother-in-law of Moses and he was invited by him to accompany God's people as they journeyed towards Canaan. We find the incident in Numbers 10:29-33. As we get going again after a break after Christmas I think this little story has a lot to say to us would be evangelists. So here is advanced notice that this is the passage we are going to look at next Sunday night at Pill Corps. All I'll say for now is that an invitation was given, was eventually accepted and Hobab ended up in the Promised Land. Now that's a result.

It's good to be back

God bless

Carol

2 comments:

Luanne Gibbons said...

Welcome back. I have finally been able to get back into my quiet time like I used to do it in 2008. I really enjoying it. Best time of the day.

God Bless

Andrew Bale said...

It's good to have you back!