Monday 15 November 2010

Tingling ears and streams in the wasteland

We had a blessed day at our recent Pray for a Day. I was led to several scriptures during the day and with them a real sense that we are on the brink of something new that the Lord will do among us.

Samuel said to the Lord, "Speak Lord you servant is listening, and God replies, "See I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle." (1 Samuel 3:11)

It is probably just me but I found the image quite funny. I thought that what makes someone ears tingle is a clip around the ear or being out in extremely cold weather. In my imagination then, there are loads of people with bright red ears, jumping up and down shouting "Ow, what was that? I wish I'd worn me ear muffs!"

But I think the message really was that God was going to do something that people will not be able to ignore. In fact when I looked up the verse in The Message it said, "I'm getting ready to do something in Israel that is going to shake everyone up and get their attention."

Two others verses that leapt out at me when I was looking for something else were Isaiah 43:18-19 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." The other one was Joshua 3:5 "Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you."

I do pray that God will move among us in a powerful way. That is an exciting thought, whilst at the same time a challenging one, because when God moves, he shakes us out of our comfort zones. The key is to consecrate ourselves and to be ready.

Just for interest here are some pictures of Pill Corps Prayer Room and various prayer stations around the hall.



God bless
Carol



















No comments: