Friday 27 February 2009

In the War
Well I have to admit it was a bit demoralising to be asked by a 7 year old lad at Jam Club, "Carol were you in the World War?"
Now I know I have grey hair but really! Of course everyone age 20 and above is old to him. Well that's what I am telling myself anyway. I laughed and told him that I was born a long time after World War 2.
Of course the reality is that I am engaged in a World-wide spiritual war all the time. It is interesting that his comment should come when it did because earlier in the week we had a few hand to hand combat situations with the devil to deal with.
I was also encouraged by my daily reading by FB Meyer where he comments on the disciples return to Jesus from their mission and expressing their delight to him that "Lord, even the submit to us in your name." (Luke 10:18)

FB Meyer writes:
"The Christ nature within you becomes the dominant, triumphant power to which all power must ultimately yield. Dare to use it. Be sure to rely not on numbers or organisation but on the name of Jesus , used not as a charm but as representing his living and ascended might."

In the scheme of things Pill is a small out of the way village that most people have never heard of so I was really encouraged by his final paragraph. I hope you will be too, wherever you are.
"The success of these disciples over a few demons in the villages and towns of Israel reacted on the balance of power in the heavenlies, so there is no victory won anywhere by any lonely disciple or handful of disciples that does not react on the entire battle field."

The fight where you are matters.
The fight where you are can be won because heaven's authority is just as real where you are as it is for those who stand on the world's stage.

Keep fighting.

God bless

Carol




No comments: