Wednesday 25 February 2009

Singing Salvation Songs

It's been a day of singing today. This afternoon a number of us from Pill attended the funeral/celebration for Captain Muriel Sims. There is nothing quite like O boundless salvation to make your heart soar and something faith building about watching the coffin of a faithful servant of Christ exit the hall to the strains of "Sweeping through the gates of the new Jerusalem, washed in the blood of the Lamb."

Later members of my cell group were leading some worship songs at a divisional meeting, singing of a desire that Jesus be the centre of their lives and then telling him directly in song, "You are my strength when I am weak, you are the treasure that I seek, you are my all in all."

More songs were to follow, "Knowing you Jesus, knowing you there is no greater thing and All that once I thought most worthy, all of which I once did boast, in thy light seems poor and passing tis thyself I covet most and finally a song we sang at our Commissioning, "Unto thee O Saviour king.

Phew I need a cup of tea!

But don't you just love Salvation Songs in whatever style they come? They have built me up in my faith and in my spirit today.

Thank you Lord


God bless

Carol

1 comment:

robert said...

It was your reference to William Booth's gospel song, "Boundless Salvation" that caught my eye this morning--a joyous celebration of God's great work of salvation in Christ. Though not a member of the Salvation Army myself, I appreciate the work you are doing, and the music you make to the glory of god.

Today is the 181st anniversary of General Booth's birth. To learn more about our hymns and their authors, I invite you to check out my daily blog on the subject, Wordwise Hymns.