Thursday 17 January 2008

Daily Bread

I am continuing with reading the Bible in One Year. Yesterdays reading from Proverbs was the passage that jumped out.

It's great advice, particularly for leaders.

"My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding and if you look for silver and search for it as hidden treasure then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find knowledge of God." Proverbs 2:1-5


The phrase, "if you call out for insight" is an instruction for me today as I seek to support and counsel people in my pastoral care. I owe it to them not to rely on my own experience but to get God's take on stuff. And "cry aloud for understanding" is helpful as I am trying to make sense of something that is happening to friends of mine.

v 10 and 11 give a conditional promise that I am claiming for today
"For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul. Discrection will protect you and understanding will guard you."

God bless

Carol

No comments: