Tuesday 17 June 2008

Birthdays

It's my birthday today and I learned this morning that I share it with none other than the great John Wesley so here are a few of his words of wisdom.

“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.”

“Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn.”

“I am not afraid that the people called Methodists should ever cease to exist either in Europe or America. But I am afraid lest they should only exist as a dead sect, having the form of religion without the power. And this undoubtedly will be the case unless they hold fast both the doctrine, spirit, and discipline with which they first set out.”

“The Bible knows nothing of solitary religion.”

"The best is yet to be"

"You have nothing to do but to save souls; therefore spend and be spent in this work."

"Though I am always in a haste," I am never in a hurry, because I never undertake more work than I can go through with perfect calmness of spirit."

"God is so great that He communicates greatness to the least thing that is done for His service."

"The neglect of prayer is a grand hindrance to holiness."


God bless

Carol (now 2 years away from the big 50!)

5 comments:

grumpy said...

A Very Happy Birthday
You also share a date with me, it was on the 17th May 2007 that i made a Covenant to Our Lord and became a Soldier of the Salvation Army
God Bless
Brian

grumpy said...

ps
I meant June I have not been very well typing error !!!!
Brian

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - It was Nigel's (my husband)birthday yesterday and he shares his birthday with Enoch Powell & Stan Laurel!! and he's one year away from the big 50!!

petros said...

Fancy me forgetting especially as I put it in the Wellspring!!!
Anyway ..... a belated Happy Birthday ........ 2 more for 50 did you say .... you don't look a day over 60!!!!! :-))

rehoboth said...

Thanks Pete,
You can go off some people!

God bless anyway

Carol