Wednesday 4 June 2008


Let it rain

It's the rainy season and the weather is extremely hot and humid. On Wednesday the heavens opened and down came torrents of rain on the tin roof of the the church where I was being introduced to the girls whom the church is trying to help.

You couldn't ignore the rain. It was deafening! And when we came out of the church the reasonably dry mud road we had travelled in on had completely changed shape!

But to me the rain came in more ways than one. For four evenings the church gathered for worship and to hear preaching. On Sunday they met from 9.00am - 4.00pm. Every night there were at least 100 people gathered together. These are a people who are thirsty for God and they plead with him for the Spirit to rain down on them. And guess what? He sends the rain and the people, like the road are transformed.

These people know how to worship, they know how to pray and when the altar call is given, they all come with a desperate willingness to receive.

In the UK we are experiencing a spiritual drought and my goodness how we need the rain.

We have prayed that you would have mercy
We believe from heaven you've heard
Heal our land so dry and so thirsty
We have strayed so far from you Lord
Your cloud appeared on the horizon
Small as a man's hand
But now you're near
Filling our vision
Pour out your Spirit again
I feel the touch of your wind on my face
I feel the first drops of rain

Let it rain, let it rain
I will not be the same
Let it rain, rain on me
Let it pour down on me
Let it rain

(Paul Oakley Thank you music 1994)

God bless
Carol

No comments: